This article covers following topics related to ' Online Appointment Booking By Patients ' workflow in healcon practice :
Which clinic public page url should i share with my patients and on social media ?
There are two public urls (address of your clinic page which is available to outside world on internet) which you can use for marketing, sharing on social media and with your patients so that anyone can book appointments with doctors of your clinic online . (please note both urls will reach the same public clinic page of your clinic and hence you can use anyone you like ) :
a. Full URL (non-customizable) :
To find full public URL of your clinic you can follow these steps :
1. Go to 'My Clinics' section as shown in screenshot below -
2. Once you are in 'My Clinic' section, click on the clinic for which you want to know the public url as shown in the screenshot below :
3. Click on the clinic name will open the public page of that particular clinic in a new tab of your browser . Now copy the url from the address bar of the browser as shown below in the screenshot by doing right click and copy :
You can use this full url of the clinic to advertise your clinic and spread word of mouth in your patient community. Patients can get all the information about your clinic from this page and can also book appointment online which will automatically showup in the calendar of the respective doctor in the software to 'accept' or 'reject'. We will talk about this later in the article .
b. Short URL (customizable but depends on availability) :
We also provide our doctors with customizable easy to remember short url with higher recall value . In order to set short url for a clinic , follow these steps :
1. Go to 'Practice Settings' as shown in the screenshot below :
2. Next go to 'Edit Clinic Profile' as shown in the screenshot below :
3. Next please update 'ShortUrl' in 'Edit Clinic Profile' form and save the form . This url in the red box will your new short public clinic profile which can be used to advertise your clinic and spread word of mouth in your patient community as shown in screenshot below :
In above example short url of the clinic page is : https://healcon.com/clinic/swayamdentalclinics
Note : Both 'Long Url ' and custom 'Short Url' will take your patients to same public clinic profile page . You can use anyone though shorter urls have better recall among patients .
How can patients book appointment with doctors of my clinic online ?
Patients can book appointment with your clinic by simply going to your public clinic page (already discussed how to find url in previous section ) . Following are the steps for patients to book appointment online with your clinic :
1. Patient opens your public clinic url in the browser and clicks on 'Book Appointment Now' button as shown in the screenshot below :
NOTE: This 'Book Appointment Now' green button will not work if you are logged in as doctor. In order check/test please logout of healcon.com and then try .
2. Next 'Book Appointment' layer will open and ask for doctor selection (incase there are more than one doctor in the clinic) as shown in the screenshot below :
3. Next Patient selects day and time slot of appointment as shown in the screenshot below :
4. Next patient provides basic details and clicks 'Book Appointment' as shown in the screenshot below :
This form will ask for verification of mobile no. using OTP ( it can take upto 30 seconds to receive this OTP) . Once submitted, it will show that appointment request has been received .
5. Patient receives SMS with details of succesful appointment request :
NOTE : Moment patient clicks 'Book Appointment' , an SMS is also sent to the doctor with details of the requested appointment and this appointment also starts showing in the 'dashboard' and 'calendar' of the doctor . Doctor can log into healcon.com software and 'accept' / 'reject' appointment , we will talk about this flow in following section below .
How can doctors accept or reject appointment booked by patients online ?
Once doctors receive SMS about online appointment request of patient, they can login to healcon.com and find recently booked online appointment on the dashboard :
1. Find online appointments on the dashboard :
2. Accept / Reject Appointment : Click on 'Action' button and then click 'Confirm/Reject'. This will take you to appointment calendar .
3. View Online Appointment on Calendar : Dotted box in the calendar will represent unconfirmed online appointment request . Click on it confirm/reject as shown in the screenshot below .
4. Once you click on the blue dotted box, an appointment modal will appear : Please fill details as shown in screenshot below to accept/reject online appointment .
5. Once accepted, patient will receive SMS / Email about appointment confirmation . Also patient will be reminded automatically via SMS on the day of appointment as well .
Healcon Practice Workflow is divided into following sections :
- Adding New Patient
- Searching Patient Records
- Scheduling Patient Appointment
- Updating Patient Health Records
- Creating New Treatment Plan
- Adding Clinical Notes
- Writing Prescriptions
- Patient Case Sheet
- Lab Management System
- Inventory Management System
- Generating Bill
- Generating Receipts
- Adding Clinic Expenses
- Sending SMS To Patients
- Sending Email To Patients
- Adding Clinic Staff
- Adding More Clinics
- Adding Clinic Staff
- Adding More Clinics
- Online Appointment Booking
- Consultant (Visiting Doctor) Tutorial
- Managing Subscription
NEXT SUGGESTED READ >> Software Tutorials
- Team Healcon
Learn more about healcon practice software :-